Dairy-Free Fudge Pops
I was inspired by the heat wave we had last weekend to make popsicles—possibly the most summery treat of all. These are dairy free and super creamy and delicious, with just the right amount of sweetness. The original recipe calls for a tablespoon of instant espresso powder, so feel free to add that for a hint of mocha flavor. If you don’t have popsicle molds you can try using small, narrow glasses with popsicle sticks instead, or you might experiment with freezing this in an ice cream maker. I haven’t tried making the recipe into ice cream yet, but I bet it would be delicious!
adapted from Nutrition Stripped: 100 Whole Foods Made Deliciously Simple
makes 6 to 8 popsicles
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 medium avocados, pitted
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, cacao powder, maple syrup, and salt. Heat, stirring, until the mixture is well combined and just beginning to simmer. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a blender, add the avocados, and blend until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for one hour, then insert popsicle sticks to each mold. Freeze overnight or until solid. Remove pops by running hot water over the outside of the molds.
One thought on “Dairy-Free Fudge Pops”
Great post 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person