I was going to write about throwing together something delicious when you’re low on ingredients and time, but then Andrew and I went to Martha’s Vineyard for the weekend and we got engaged! So here are a few pictures from the weekend, since I’m feeling too distracted to write about food today.
I’ll try to blog a little more about our trip later this week—we did have some really delicious food (lobster rolls, razor clams, fried oysters, clam chowder . . . )—but for now, here’s a recipe for when you’re also feeling distracted. 💕
DIY Burrito Bowl
- cooked white rice (or brown rice, if you must)
- black beans (or pinto beans, pink beans, pigeon peas)
- shredded cheese, or crumbled cotija
- chopped scallions
- chopped cilantro
- pickled jalapeño slices
- avocado slices (or guacamole)
- sour cream
- hot sauce (I used Tapatio)
- lime wedges for serving
- whatever else you like: chopped tomatoes, salsa, corn, chicken, pork, beef, etc.
- Combine all ingredients. Eat.